Hoglets crafts: make your own highway rat sword!https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/craft-sword-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/craft-sword-hero-1024x576.jpg
We love adventures with baddies who turn out good – and a great example is THE HIGHWAY RAT! You can become your very own rat of the highway with this fantastic sword craft.
Here’s how to do it at home.
You will need:
- A large piece of thick cardboard
- Some felt-tip pens / Paints
- Some tin foil
- Some strong glue
- A pair of scissors
- Beads, pom poms, coloured paper, sequins, decorations (all optional)
How to make your highway rat sword:
- Using a dark coloured pen draw a sword shape onto your cardboard and then cut it out. If like my cardboard yours has a bend in it cut out two long strips from the leftover cardboard and stick one to each side to reinforce the Sword’s blade.
- Tear off a length of tin-foil roughly the same length as the sword’s blade. cover the blade in glue and stick the foil on.
- Now is your time to get creative using pens, paint, beads, sequins, coloured paper, pipe cleaners, pom poms or whatever you have to hand. Decorate the hilt of your Sword however you want.
- Wait for the glue to dry and there you have it – your very own Sword to protect you on your more perilous adventures.
Mama Hoglet. X
- Posted In: