Hoglets craft: Make a singing cat maskhttps://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Hoglets-craft-hero-1-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Hoglets-craft-hero-1-1024x576.jpg
Tabby McTat is a musical cat – he loves to sing (even if he is a bit loud!). You can make this amazing singing cat mask and join in the song at home!
You will need:
- A paper plate
- A pair of scissors
- Some felt-tip pens/ pencils/ crayons
- 2 rubber bands
- 4 Split pins
- A lollipop stick
How to make your singing cat mask
- Draw a Cat face (without chin) on your paper plate, don’t forget to add Eyes and ears. Then cut this shape out.
- On some of the leftover plate, draw the cats chin and jaw. Place the cats face over the top to make sure it lines up. Then draw 2 dots on either side of the cat’s nose where the whiskers would be. Then draw 2 parallel dots on the cat’s chin. Now colour in your Cat face and chin.
- Take one of your split pins and gently push it through one of the dots you drew on the Cat’s face. Turn the mask over and open up the pin, ensure one half is pointing up and one half is pointing down. Stick the half that is pointing downwards to the mask using sellotape. Repeat this again on the other side of the mask.
- Take another one of your split pins and gently push it through one of the dots you drew on the Cat’s chin. Turn the chin over and open up the pin, ensure one half is pointing up and one half is pointing down. Stick the half that is pointing upwards to the chin using sellotape. Repeat this again on the other side of the chin.
- Now take one of our rubber bands and loop it over the half of your pin that is pointing upwards on your mask and then loop it around the half of the pin that is pointing downwards on the cat’s chin. Repeat this again on the other side. Now if you pull gently it should look like your cat’s mouth is opening and closing.
- Now sellotape your lollipop stick to the back of your mask and hold it up to your face. Now you’re ready to meow your heart out, just like Tabby McTat.
Mama Hoglet. X