Hoglets craft: make a “Rex the Halls with Boughs of Holly” wreathhttps://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/craft-rexwreath-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/craft-rexwreath-hero-1024x576.jpg
We were having amazing dinosaur fun in Hoglets this week so we’ve decided to an extra special Christmas/Dinosaur craft – a “Rex the halls with boughs of holly” wreath!
To make your “Rex the Halls” Wreath you will need:
- A paper plate
- 2 different coloured pieces of paper
- Some thick packaging cardboard
- A pair of scissors
- A glue stick
- A pencil
- Some felt-tip pens
- Some string
How to make your Rex the halls wreath
1. On the packaging draw two different dinosaurs (I drew a T-Rex and a Stegosaurus) then cut them out. These will be your templates.
2. On one of the coloured pieces of paper draw around one of your dinosaur templates (I drew 9 of each) and then cut them out.
Do exactly the same with the other Dinosaur template on the other sheet of coloured paper.
3. Taking your scissors cut the centre out of the paper plate, leaving the outer ring intact and as much of the centre as possible. Put the ring to one side and draw a large sprig of holly on the remaining centre of the plate. Colour in your holly and cut it out.
4. Making sure you use lots of glue, stick alternating dinosaurs around the paper plate ring until it is completely covered.
5. At the bottom of your wreath glue on your sprig of holly.
6. Cut a length of string and tie it into a loop, then sellotape it to the top of the back f your wreath.
7. Now your wreath is complete, hang it on your wall and make your Christmas look roarsome!
Mama Hoglet. X