Hoglets craft: Make a pet parrot!https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/6-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/6-1024x576.jpg
We just love pirates – and no pirate is complete without a parrot on their arm. So why not make your very own one?
Here’s how to do it at home.
You will need:
- A toilet roll
- 3 pieces of different coloured paper
- 4 feathers (optional, you can make paper feathers)
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 pipe cleaner
- A pair of scissors
- Some strong glue.
- A hole punch
How to make your Parrot Puppet
1. Cut a piece of coloured paper long enough and wide enough to cover your entire toilet roll. Then glue it on covering the roll completely.
2. Take the second piece of coloured paper and cut a smaller strip, long enough to fit around the roll, but only a third of the width. Glue this strip around the top of your roll.
3. Take the last piece of coloured paper and cut out an arch shape for the parrot’s chest and a triangle for its beak. Then add on the googly eyes.
4. If you have a hole punch use this, but if not it can be carefully done with Scissors. Punch 2 holes in each side of the bottom of your Parrot. Thread your pipe cleaner through both holes.
5. Take your four feathers and glue one on your Parrots head, glue 2 on as the wings, one on each side, then a final one on the bottom as a tail.
6. All you need to do now is put your Parrot on your wrist (securing it lightly with the pipe cleaner) give it a name and off you go sailing over the seven seas! Aharrrrrr!
Mama Hoglet. X
- Posted In: