Hoglets Craft: Make a kite!https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Hoglets-craft-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Hoglets-craft-hero-1024x576.jpg
We love the story STUCK! by Oliver Jeffers. It’s made us want to make a kite of our very own.
Here’s how to do it at home.
You will need:
- A sheet of A4 paper
- 2 straws
- A length of string
- Some felt-tip pens
- some sellotape
- A pair of scissors
- Some, colourd ribbon, twine, wool or yarn (optional
How to make your Kite
1. Take your coloured pens and draw any design you like on your A4 sheet of paper. Try to cover as much of it as possible.
2. Take your two straws, if it’s a bendable straw pull one of them straight and shorten the other one cutting it at the bendy point. Make the straws into a cross, secure the cross together will the sellotape and then stick it to the back of your A4 sheet.
3. Take your length of string and knot it at one end, make the knot bigger than the mouth of your straw. Thread the string down the long straw at the centre of the kite.
4.Fold the corners of the paper one by one into the centre of the cross and secure them with tape.
5. Finally, and this is optional tie your ribbon/wool/twine in bows around the string of the Kite.
Now off you go, let it fly, but don’t let it get STUCK!
Mama Hoglet. X