Hoglets Craft: Make a Frog Puppethttps://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/craft-frogpuppet-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Hoglets https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/craft-frogpuppet-hero-1024x576.jpg
We love all of the Oi! Frog! books. So how fun would it be to pretend to be Frog and boss everyone about? With this simple puppet you can do just that. Here’s how to do it at home.
You will need:
- 2 Pieces of A4 card or similarly sized scraps of cardboard
- Some felt-tip pens
- A pair of scissors
- A glue stick
- Some sellotape
- Two googly eyes
How to make your Frog Puppet
- Take one of your pieces of card and fold it over horizontally into a third, then glue it in place and leave it to dry.
- Once it’s dried and stuck securely colour in the folded strip on one side. Then fold the strip in half making sure that the coloured side is on the inside.
- Decide what colour Frog you would like, then take your coloured pens and colour in your puppet. Don’t forget to draw in and colour a mouth in the middle of your puppet.
- Cut a second strip of the card as wide as your puppet, draw two big bumps side by side on the card and leave a flap at the bottom of them, this will be the base for your eyes. Cut this shape out, colour it in and fold over the flap at the bottom. Cover the bottom flap in glue and stick it to the top of your Frog puppet. Use a little bit of sellotape to secure it in place and off you go.
You now have your very own Frog which can tell everyone where to sit. What will you sit on?
Mama Hoglet. X