Hoglets craft: Make a flying dragon!https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/craft-flyingdragon-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/craft-flyingdragon-hero-1024x576.jpg
DRAGONS ARE AMAZING! There’s no denying it. And we’ve got an awesome craft on how to make your own dragon – and make it fly!
Here’s how to do it at home.
You will need:
- A Toilet Roll
- Some Coloured Paper
- A Length of String / Twine / Wool.
- Some Felt-tip Pens
- Some Glue
- A Pair of Scissors
- Some Googly Eyes.
How to make it:
1. Cut a long strip of coloured paper as wide as your toilet roll and then cover it in glue and stick it around your toilet roll. Cut off any excess paper then put to one side to dry.
2. Cut another smaller strip of paper, then fold it in half. On one half draw one wing shape and cut it out. This will leave you with two wings connected together. Use your felt-tip pens to add any details you want.
3. Cut another strip of paper and draw a Dragon’s tail on it, then cut it out.
4. Cut a final piece of coloured paper and draw a Dragon’s head on it (I always try to draw a cow or a giraffe head and it ends up looking like a Dragon, or draw an acorn with two horns). Finally stick your googly eyes on the Dragon’s face.
5. Take your glue and stick the wings and the tail to the back of your roll on at the top and one at the bottom, then glue your head to the front of your roll at the top. Use your felt tip pens to add any extra details you want.
6. Take your length of string, fold it in half to find the middle. at the middle of the string create and knot a loop.
Slip the knot over a door handle and then thread your dragon onto the end of the string. Take a piece in each hand and then pull gently, and look your Dragon is flying. I just hope it’s better than Zog at landing.
Mama Hoglet. X