Hoglets craft: How to Make a Dancing Giraffe Puppethttps://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/craft-giraffe-hero-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Hoglets Theatre Hoglets Theatre https://hoglets.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/craft-giraffe-hero-1024x576.jpg
You will need:
- An A5 Piece of Card
- Some Felt Tip Pens
- A Pair of Scissors
- A Glue Stick
- A Pencil
- A Cup / Glass / Something round to draw around.
How to make your Dancing Giraffe Puppet
- Place your cup onto the piece of card and with your pencil draw around it to create your Giraffe’s body. Then draw a long neck onto the body which reaches the top of the card. Then draw two small circles at the bottle of the body where it’s front legs would be. Finally, in another corner of your sheet of card draw a Giraffe’s head.
- Cut all your separate Giraffe parts out along with a strip of card roughly 2 inches long. Get your felt tips and get colouring in. This is your Giraffe and it can be any colour/pattern you want, the more colourful the better.
- Colour in your strip of card too and then concertina fold it like a fan.
- Strick one end to the back of your Giraffe’s head and then glue the other end to the back of the top of the Giraffe’s neck.
- Finally cut out the two small holes at the bottom of the Giraffe’s body and stick two of your fingers through to make the Giraffe’s legs.
Now work those fingers and get dancing, make Gerald proud!
- Posted In: